Enjoying the sun in summer is part of the ritual of the season. Therefore, any type of skin is susceptible to receiving sunrays. However, there are some sensitive dermis that need more care, so today you will know the 3 most delicate types of skin to sunrays.
The skin type is very conditioned by genetics. In turn, skin types are determined by anatomy and physiology, which are responsible for differentiating the skin by color and flexibility.
Melanin is the substance that will determine skin color. If the skin is dark it is due to the production of eumelanin, and the light skin is due to the pheomelanin.
Among the functions of the skin is to provide protection against the external environment. Its objective is to minimize body temperature and protect the body from sunlight.
Skin types according to color are measured by the Fitzpatrick scale, which divides the skin into 6 phototypes. Type 1, 2 and 3 skins are characteristic of white and Caucasian people. On the other hand, skins type 4, 5 and 6 refer to that of brown complexion and color.
In summer you must protect your skin and use sunscreen with the most appropriate protection factor in your case. Type 1, 2 and 3 skins are more sensitive to sunlight. Here you will know how to protect them from the sun.
Phototype I. Very light skin
- This type of skin is a characteristic of people with very light skin, redheads with blue eyes and freckles on the body. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause severe skin burns, because melanin is weak and the level of penetration is higher.
- The tanning of these people presents with red marks on the skin and the healing process of sunburn can be painful. The face and back are the most sensitive parts of this type of skin, because the sun’s rays reach the epidermis directly.
- If you are very white and have this type of skin, you should be more careful and use sunscreen before exposing yourself to the sun.
- The sunscreen protection factor will be the highest, to avoid burns and dry skin.
Phototype II: Clear skin
- White people with blue eyes and blond hair are the ones who have phototype II on their skin. Their exposure to the sun is low, but they absorb the sun’s rays quickly.
- Sun exposure of this type of skin can cause burns and pigmentation. Like the previous phototype, red marks originated by tanning are produced. However, the healing process, in this case, will be faster.
- This type of skin should protect the body using sunscreen and accessories for the summer.
- The sunscreen protection factor must also be high. If you are blonde and have this type of skin, avoid exposing yourself directly to the sun and take care of yourself.
Phototype III: Caucasian skin
- Caucasian skin is common to the European race. People with this type of skin are white and with dark hair. They are not accustomed to receiving sun exposure and are sensitive to radiation.
- This phototype burns moderately, compared to type I and II. This is due to the constant production of melanin and skin structure.
- Burns in Caucasian people are mild and should be protected with sunscreen.
These 3 skin phototypes should be more careful because they are more sensitive and the sun’s rays penetrate with speed.
Recommendations for skin types I, II and III
Keep these recommendations in mind so you can enjoy the sun without a problem if you belong to one of the groups mentioned:
- Use sunscreen on the face and limbs of the body.
- The sun protection factor must be high. Remember that the face protection factor will be higher.
- Do not expose yourself to sunlight in the hours of greatest radiation. From 10 a.m. Until 4pm. These are the hours when the sun penetrates the skin more.
- Apply sunscreen constantly: every 2 hours you should put on cream and thus moisturize the skin.
- Remember to wear accessories such as sunglasses and hats, to prevent the sun’s rays from reaching the facial skin directly.
- Hydrate your skin constantly and consume plenty of water.
You already know your skin type and with these simple tips you can enjoy the summer. Protect your skin from sunlight: this will prevent burns and injuries. And enjoy the sun without burning.