Reset nsfas password and username
As a beneficiary of nsfas or just a new applicant, the probability that you have misplaced your nsfas account login details is high. Also if you have forgotten your password or username, please take your time and read this guide carefully to reset your account login details.
Your username and password is the gateway to the your personal nsfas dashboard that gives you access to your portal. You can use it manage and receive messages of notification concerning nsfas activities.
Here you’re given a comprehensive guide to successful reset your nsfas password and username or to recover any one of them.
As a matter of caution, your account details are just like a key to your financial account and if other people have access to it, they may cause harm by impersonating you or withdraw money you.
Steps to reset nsfas password and username
- Visit nsfas official website (www.nsfas.org.za)
- Click on mynsfas button at the right top corner on the webpage
- On the dashboard click on forgot password button
- Enter your ID that was uses during the registration.
- Once the ID number is entered, these three options will pop up
- “I can’t remember my username” (choose this option only if you misplaced username)
- “I can’t remember my password” (choose this option only if you have forgotten your password)
- “I can’t remember my username and password” (choose this option only if you have forgotten both username and password)
- Select the option that corresponds to your case and click on submit.
- After the submit button is clicked, a One Time Pin (OTP) will be delivered to your cell phone SMS or e-mail provided during the registration. For this reason, the mobile phone number used during registration must be handy at the time of resetting.
- Check your SMS or email inbox for the OTP number. Enter the OTP number in the text field provided and click on Submit.
- At this stage, a link containing the reset login details will be sent to both phone number and the email address.
- Check the SMS or email inbox and click on the said reset link.
- After that follow the reset instructions.
- Create a new password and follow any other onscreen instruction to complete the password reset processes.
- After try to use the new password to login to verify if indeed the reset procedure has been successful.
- However, if you have forgotten your username rather or both username and password, then you enter a new username and/or password after you have received the OTP pin number.
As a caution, do the following to safeguard your accounts:
- Always keep your password in safer place. There have several reports of people having their nsfas accounts hacked and funds stolen.
- Even if you can’t do it yourself, confide in someone you can truly trust.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols as password. Don’t use a common name or phrases or words that are easily guessable. Example of good or best password should look like this: Za***6%$#+2020, but weak password looks like Cyril2020, mzansi, boyfriend etc.
- Don’t write your password on walls or books or any place just anyone can have access to.
- Make sure nobody is around peeping through when entering your account login details.
- If you use public PCs such library or computer lab to access your nsfas account, don’t ever save your password and username on the Internet browsers.
Watch the Video (courtesy nsfas official Youtube channel) below for the visuals to reset nsfas account details
How to update your phone number or email address
Have you gotten a new phone number or new email address and you intend to change or update your phone number or email address follow these steps to update them:
- Visit the nsfas website (www.nsfas.org.za)
- Click on mynsfas button
- Key in your username and password
- After that click on “Personal details“
- Enter the current mobile phone number and/or new email address,
- Click “Update Your Details“
- A one time pin (OTP) code will be sent to the new mobile phone number and/or new email address
- Enter the OTP code and click on “submit“
- Your details are successfully updated
The video below by kind courtesy of nsfas official YouTube channel. Watch it carefully to see the visuals of updating your nsfas account phone number and email address.
You can leave your comment in the comment box below.