Nsfas Wallet Complete Guide – Take your Cash
You might be here because you’re a beneficiary of nsfas bursary or someone close to you probably is a beneficiary. Or else you want to know about nsfas wallet because you are potential student will be applying for nsfas funding in no time.
Whatever your reason, you at a right place to have access to this nsfas wallet guide which discusses everything about the nsfas wallet withdrawal, nsfas daily withdrawal limit , nsfas wallet stores etc.
What is nsfas wallet?
It is a digital wallet as it may called. It used by nsfas beneficiaries to access their money which the scheme has deposited. It becomes more like a bank account, you can withdraw and use it to pay for goods and services.
Note the following about nsfas wallet
- Before you can have access to the platform to transact anything, you should have been granted nsfas bursary.
- Dial *134*176# and enter your ID number into the screen prompt to validate and authenticate your account.
- You will then receive your password in an SMS format and that will grant you access to the account. (This password is different from the one used in creating or registering for nsfas)
- Once the password is received, you can access the wallet account by dialing the USSD code *134*176# on your phone.
- You can withdraw cash at any of the participating shops example Usave, Shoprite, SPAR, Checkers, Choppies or Boxer.
** You can as well pay for goods at the following participating stores across the country: Burger King, Checkers, Chippies, Boxer, Shoprite, Usave, SPAR, Van Schalke, Spur, Hungry Lion, Debonairs, RocoMamas, Nandos, Roman Pizza, McDonals, John Dory’s, etc.
How to create a cash voucher from the nsfas wallet for withdrawal:
Method 1 : Using the phone
Follow these simple steps below to execute that function.
- Dial *134*176#
- Enter the password ( which was sent to you when you first dialed the code)
- Press or Click on Send
- Select the option 1 indicated as Cash Voucher and click/press on send
- Enter the preferred amount and press/click on send.
- A new created cash voucher will be shown on the screen.
Method 2: Using the internet/Online
• Visit the website https://celbux.appspot.com on your internet browser
• Login into your account by entering your phone number and the password and click on the login button.
• Click on pay and the preferred amount
• Click on Done. The voucher code will be displayed.
You Might Also Read the following Related Articles
- How to Check NSFAS Status
- How to reset NSFAS password and username
- Application for nsfas Online
- NSFAS Applications Qualification and Requirements
- How to apply for nsfas offline or pdf or manual
How to withdraw cash at the participating shops
Method 1 : Using the cell phone
• Dial *134*176#
• Enter password and click/press send
• Choose option 3 – Vouchers
• Click on Send
• Read the voucher code shown to the cashier or the teller.
Method 2 : Using the internet
- Visit https://celbux.appspot.com
- Enter phone number and password
- Click on Login
- Click on More/Vouchers icon
- Select Vouchers
- Read the voucher code to the cashier.
In case the voucher amount is more than the amount you’re paying for the items or service, the rest of the money left on the generated voucher will be added to the main balance on the wallet.
How to view your nsfas wallet transaction
Method 1 : using the cell phone
- Dial *137*176#
- Enter password and click on send
- Select option 2 – Query
- Select Cash balance and transactions.
This option will help to view your transaction history. It will also help you to detect any anomaly.
Method 2 – using the internet
- Log on to https://celbux.appspot.com
- Click on More
- Click on Transactions
- click on view transactions
How to make a payment to an informal merchant.
There are at times it may happen that you need to make a payment to an individual or institution which is not part of the nsfas participating shops or outlets
Follow these easy steps to make payment from your nsfas wallet.
- Making payment to an individual with merchant code, thus phone to phone transaction,
- Dial *137*176#
- Enter the password
- Select Option 4 –
- Enter Merchant Code (the recipient’s code)
- Enter the amount you want to pay and click on send.
Always cross check if every thing is correct before finalizing transaction.
How to keep your nsfas wallet account secure
There are some cyber criminals lurking around everywhere waiting to pounce on every prey that come their way.
- Always keep your cell phone number safe
- In case you lose your phone, report to nsfas as soon as possible to get the needed support.
- Your cellphone must a lock system functioning.
Nsfas contact details:
Below you will find all the various ways you can contact nsfas for quick assistance
Tel: 0800067237 (Toll Free – Caller is not charged)
If you need any other clarification on this article, you can leave your comment in the comments box below and let’s continue the discussion there.