How to do NSFAS Status Check For NSFAS Applications
Have you recently applied for nsfas funding and still don’t know what is happening to your application? In this article all the details on how to check your nsfas status is discussed including the approval process detailing what nsfas take into consideration before approving your application.
The application spanned through September to November 2019 and since then nsfas has updated the status of all applicants.
In case you have lost or forgotten your nsfas account password and username, click here to see how you can easily reset your nsfas login details
Checking nsfas application status:
- Visit nsfas.org.za and click on mynsfas button
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress tab
The status of your application will be in a form of messages and the following are the messages and their meaning.
This indicates that your application has successfully completed so that you can proceed to register at your applied school.
Eligible for funding but waiting confirmation for Academic admission:
This is an indication that you qualified for nsfas bursary funds but your admission status at the institution has not been confirmed. Until then your application will be pending. You will have to contact your institution’ financial aid office to speed up the process for you.
Verifying Household Income with third party Sources:
This one also is an indication that nsfas is ascertaining the income of the applicant’ household. You need not to do anything as it will automatically be updated when the verification of income is completed.
The third parties review the applicant’ claims that the annual salary or income is R300,000 benchmark.
This indicates that the application has been submitted alright. The nsfas official or assessor is to evaluate to see if the applicant meets all the conditions before final decision van be taken. You will have to wait for sometime and check your status later.
Below you will find the evaluation process that pave way if an applicant should considered form nsfas funding or should denied or rejected.
- Application Submitted: it means the applicant’ information is successfully submitted to the nsfas management system or database
- Filtering: The system checks if the submitted application is a fresh applicant or returning student or having previous qualification.
- Validation : The nsfas system conducts a verification process from third parties such as Department of Home Affairs, SASSA, etc.
- Evaluation: All documents that are submitted by the applicant are verified for their authenticity.
- Funding Eligibility: The applicant’ annual home income claims are verified to see if indeed thus correct.
- Awaiting Academic Results or Admission: Nsfas coordinates with various universities and TVET colleges and other partnering institutions to check applicant’ academic records and admissions.
- Awaiting Registration: The applicant’ institution will supply the nsfas office the registration of the applicant. It is duty of the applicant to make sure he or she is registered. You should however note that, the institution will provide the registration details to the nsfas directly.
- Signing of NSFAS Bursary Agreement: Per the terms and conditions of the bursary scheme, the applicant is supposed to sign the nsfas Bursary agreement (NBA) or view and accept it before payment can be made.
- Payment: Payment is the last process where the applicant receives his or her funds either through nsfas wallet or the institution.
In our next post, we will look at in detail, how to set up your nsfas wallet and manage it well and securely.
You are always welcome to leave your comments or feedback in the comments box below and let’s continue the discussion there.