NSFAS Online Applications 2020/2021
In this comprehensive guide, I would want walk you through every detail on nsfas online applications.
So take a snap and relax, you will get a video visuals to see how simple and easy. We have taken our time to simplify the registration and application process to make it easy to follow.
Nsfas is the largest and the biggest public funding for all south African citizens who are pursuing various courses of study at various public universities and TVET colleges.
Note that nsfas do not fund students in Private tertiary institutions.
Step 1: Creating my nsfas account
The online applications begins with creating a mynsfas account
- Log on to www.nsfas.org.za and click on mynsfas button at the right top corner of the page.
- Click on Register
- Tick on the acceptance option to accept that NSFAS can verify using third party agency to verify the authenticity of the information provided by the applicants
- Enter your ID number exactly as it appears on your ID document.
- Enter your name and surname just as they appear on the ID document
- Enter your phone number and email address ( the phone number and email must be active and functional)
Watch this short video to see how to create email address using gmail from Google.
- Enter preferred username and password. (Read this instruction to create a strong password
- Click on Register tab
- After register tab is clicked, a one time pin (OTP) number will be sent to the phone number and the email provided.
- Check inside the SMS or email inbox for the OTP pjn and enter them into the text field provided and click on submit.
- An SMS and email notification will be received respectively to confirm that registration is successful.
- You can now go ahead with the application.
Step 2 : Application Process Begins
To start the application, you should have registered or created your account.
- Login with the username and password just created.
- Click on My Personal Details to ascertain if the details entered are all correct and loaded. You can scroll down the page to make sure all data is correct, otherwise you can edit it accordingly
- Click on Apply tab to complete the actual application. Note that just registering or create mynsfas account does not mean application is complete. It is just the beginning.
- After being satisfied with the personal details, you are now required to upload all supporting documents ( must have been scanned in PDF or JPEG format).
- Upload only documents the system requires. Upload each document separately as the system requires.
- Do not upload all of them at once. If the documents are in Microsoft Word format, you will have to convert them to PDF or use a smartphone to snap it as a picture in JPEG format.
- Once the required documents are loaded, click on UPLOAD DOCUMENTS.
- Tick the box with the inscription “I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS” after reading the Terms and Conditions
- Click on Submit Your Application button.
- Upon submitting the online application, and SMS and email notifications will be sent to respective phone number and the email address provided during registration to confirm that application was successful. The content of message will contain a Reference Number. The Reference Number can be used to track your application. The message will look like this:
Your NSFAS 2020 application has been successfully submitted. Your application reference number is OAXXXXX. Track your application on your mynsfas account www.nsfas.org.za
*Your can go back on the dashboard and click TRACK FUNDING PROCESS to track your application.
Watch this video for a visual guide and see how the online application is done
Supporting Documents Needed Before the NSFAS Online Applications Start
Before we start there are certain supported documents required. All applicants are required to submit the following documents along the main online applications form.
Scan them into into PDF documents.
- The Applicant must have certified ID documents and must be at most three months old.
- A filled and a signed consent form which is available here.
- If you still depend on your parent/guardian or spouse, the following documents will be required
- Certified ID copies of parents or guardians or spouses not more than three months after certification
- Proof of income of either parent or guardian or spouses ( example payslip or appointment letter).
Read Also: How to Reset nsfas password or username
If you take care of yourself or self dependent (no parent or guardian or spouse):
- provide proof of income such as payslip or appointment letter.
- 3 years IRP5
If you have any disability, provide the following:
- Completed and Signed Annexure A (can be downloaded here), if your information is not already in the database.
- If you are an orphan, provide a signed and a completed Declaration Form (which can be downloaded here).
The following documents may be required if applicable in your case:
- Retrenchment Letter (if you have lost your job)
- Death Certificate(s) if any of your parent or spouse or guardian has passed away
- Divorce Decree ( if you have been divorced)
- If you’re a SASSA beneficiary or recipient, there is no need of proof of income.
You can also apply nsfas offline or manually using nsfas application form guide
For further inquiries regarding the application or general queries call nsfas on Toll Free 08000 67327 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org