how to appeal sassa srd grant

Mothers Collecting Child Support Grant Should Be Given SRD R350- Natasha Vally

Natasha Vally-
Mothers Collecting Child Support Grant Should Have Been Given SRD R350

Natasha Vally is a member of C19 People’s Coalition and also doubles as a Sociology Lecturer at the University of Cape Town. She together with other civil society organizations are calling for the extension of the SRD grant and an increase in the amount from R350 to R585.

She made this known during an interview with Metro FM.

Per the requirements for one to be qualified to receive the temporal Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, the applicant must have already been receiving grants from government.

Because of this, mothers who are not the direct beneficiaries of the children support grants cannot apply for the SRD grant.

According to these mothers (usually single mothers) the kids are the direct beneficiaries of the grant, they (mothers) are just recipients oh behalf of the children.

Because of this they too should be allowed to access the SRD grant….

The Civil Society Organizations are pressing hard on government through Social Development Department and SASSA to reconsider their decision.

According to these mothers the R440 grant is woefully inadequate to cater for the kids how much more they the mothers….



Evans is internet bird always searching for the best information for his readers for Sassa, nsfas, university, tvet colleges, admissions

View all posts by Jaydee →

8 thoughts on “Mothers Collecting Child Support Grant Should Be Given SRD R350- Natasha Vally

  1. Yes they should give us 350 cause the money they giving us is not enough ….some of us are single parents

  2. I don’t think it would be fair to give existing child grants the R350 as well as we have to support our children on that little money and they get it every month until child is 18 and we only get until april . I don’t think it is fair.

  3. Yes we should get 350 because as motherly we are not allowed to use the child’s grand and we also have needs and wants please consider that

  4. Hi, since social grant have been exceeded I didn’t receive any payment and I don’t know what’s happening!!!

  5. Yes please be fair on us we need that money things are expensive out there Ntombi that 440 is to small Ntombi there is no job

  6. Yes every mother collecting child grant should also be given the r350 as well.the grant we get for the kids does not belong to us in the first place….it was told to us from day 1, it belongs to that of the child…
    It really confused as if government is telling me 1 and the next they saying we can’t get of the srd grant because we receiving a child grant….who are they trying to fuck over. Contradicting is as plain and simple.i will not leave it like this.

  7. Yes we should get that 350 some of us we are not staying with our kid’s like me I’m no longer staying with my child and i don’t have any in come I was so hurt when i was declined last year till now I’m still struggling cos I’m not working

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: