Reserve Bank Bursaries 2020
The South Africa Reserve Bank is offering bursary opportunities for qualified applicants.
According to the bank, this is an initiative to help solve the severe shortage of skills in the country and therefore providing financial support to students in a relevant study but from a disadvantaged background.
This is to help students who are financially stricken and pursuing various undergraduate programs of study at South African universities on full-time basis.
The various intended courses should be under the following broad fields of study:
2. Actuarial Sciences
3. Mathematical Statistics
6. Information Technology and
These are programs that have a bearing on the functions of the bank.
The bank will bear the cost of the bursary holder from the first year and will be reviewed annually. The student need not apply each year. The number of students and the cost of the the bursary will also be reviewed each year.
As part of the bursary program, students will have vacation work opportunities that are funded by the bank.
Qualification Criteria :
In addition to the above qualifications, the following will be the criteria for selecting applicants :
1. Students who received at least 70% of the June Matric/Grade 12 examination with final awarding subject to final awarding results and have been accepted or admitted to a South African university.
2. The applicant must be a South African.
3. Only the applicant who would not have made it to the university had it not been the bursary will be considered. Those who have no financial aid are to be considered for the bursary.
4. Must not be more than 30 years of age
5. Financial circumstances
Post Bursary Obligation
1. The student after completion of the course will have to work for or employed by the bank first unless the bank decides not to engage his or her service.
2. Students who upon completion of their course decides not to work with the bank despite the fact that there is a vacancy at the bank will have to back in full the cost of the bursary.
How to Apply / Mode of Application
There are two possible ways to apply for the bursary namely :
1. Applications Form
2. Online application
Make sure to attach your examination results, university enrollment forms (including your indicating your student number) and any other supporting documents must be submitted along side the application forms.
Documents to be Submitted Alongside The Application Form
- A certified copy of your June (current year) Matric results or certified copy of Matric results if completed before the current year.
- Proof of acceptance at a recognized institution
- An essay of 250 words to motivate your case.
- A certified copy of your South African ID
Click on the button below to view the mode of application or How to ApplyClick Here For How to Apply