Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
2020 Second Round Bursary ApPplications
Applications are open for the following:
1) Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng
2) Students studying and/or registered and have been accepted in an accredited institution of learning,
Including TVETS, Universities and Universities of Technology.
3) Students who want to pursue post-graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of
The following students automatically qualify, but must complete the application forms
1) Top Achievers from Gauteng schools
2) Top 3 learners from No-fee paying schools in Gauteng
3) Top 3 learners from Learners with Special Education Needs (LSEN) schools in Gauteng
To qualify for a GCRA bursary award you must be:
a) A South African citizen
b) Youth residing in Gauteng between the ages of 18 to 35 years
1) Certified copy of South African ID (by birth)
2) Proof of Gauteng residence
3) Matric certificate (certifed)
4) Proof of income from parent/s or guardian/s or affidavit
5) Letter of motivation (not more than 2 pages)
6) Proof of registration or acceptance letter from Peter institution
7) Any relevant affidavit
8) Disability/ medical report (where appropriate)
NB:Applications with outstanding documents will not be considered.
How to Apply/ Mode of application
Online application is available on:
Click on the button below (https://gcra.digitalportal.co.za/student-register) to register for a new account but if you have registered already, then you can click on the link below (https://gcra.digitalportal.co.za/login) to login directly and continue application.
Closing date: 09 October 2020
Bursaries are awarded in line with our GCRA Policy.
Terms and conditions apply.
NB: ONLY STUDENTS WHO ARE CURRENTLY STUDYING AND UNFUNDED FOR THE 2020 ACADEMIC
YEAR MUST APPLY. FOR THE YEAR 2021, APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER 2020.