Documents and Qualification for the Unemployment Grant of R350
At long last, the cat is left out of the cupboard. There have been several contradictory reports, especially on social media platforms regarding the qualifications and required documents to even apply for the well known SASSA distress relief in the form of financial package for people who are unemployed. This was made known by the president Cyril Ramaphosa in his one of his state of the nation address on the global pandemic.
This afternoon, from a reliable source, as stated by the sector minister.
The first payment of the R350 grant is expected to start on the 15th of May, 2020 through to October 2020 where the last tranche will be paid.
It must be noted that, according to the minister, there will not be any arrears. This is to signify that, whoever applies late after the first or second etc have already been paid will not receive the months lost. Payments for qualified applicants will start as and when the application is successful. For instance, if you apply in June, you will not receive the May grant, but payments will start from June no arrears for May.
It is therefore advisable to apply in May when they open the applications.
Below are the qualifications and requirements one must meet in order to enjoy such a financial support package.
1. South African Citizens, permanent residents, refugees registered with home affairs and residents within the borders of South Africa.
2. Must be older than 18 years old.
3. Unemployed, not receiving any income
4. Not receiving any social grant.
5. Not receiving unemployment insurance benefits and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits either.
6. Not receiving funds/bursaries from NSFAS
7. Not resident in government-funded or subsidized institutions.
1. ID number or Department of Home Affairs Permit
2. Name and Surname as captured on the ID.
3. Gender and disability
4. Banking details: Bank name and account number.
5. Contact details eg cell phone number.
6. Proof of residential address.
Click Here for the Application Procedure