The Department of Employment and Labour wants to bring to the attention of the general public on the opening of the compensation fund bursaries 2021. This fund is to help employers who have had sustained disability as a result their occupation or in the course of their work.
This bursary awrad is meant for workers who have previously worked and sustained som form of occupational injuries or disease and subsequently acquired permanent disability, others with physical disability (PWD) and dependensts of Compensation Fund Pensionersand young persons to apply for this year’s Vocational Rahabiliational Bursary Scheme 2021.
Requirements and Qualification for the Compensation fund 2021
- The applicant must have accepted into a recognized Public Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges, Community Education and Training (CET) Colleges or Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- First-year students in 2021 (Applicable only to young persons other than dependents of CF pensioners)
- South African citizens
- Applicants from families whose combined household income are between R0 and R 600 000 per annum.
- Fully completed application form
- Proof of residence
- Compensation Fund pension number in case of CF Pensioners / Dependents of CF Pensioners.
- Certified copies of Identity document/ birth certificate of the applicant, parent(s) or guardians’ Identity document/ death certificate (CF dependents and young persons).
- Grade 12 June results/ highest school grade or qualification
- Proof of acceptance / preliminary acceptance letter from public Post School Education and Training (PSET)
- Students must be enrolled to study on a full-time basis, and only under exceptional circumstances, students with disabilities shall be allowed to study part-time.
- Proof of income.
- Proof of unemployment letter from Department of Employment and Labour/ or Affidavit.
- Certification and verification of physical disability by a Health Care Professional or Disability Support Office(Applicable to other PWDs). Applicants may be subjected to a psychometric assessment.
How To Apply for Compensation Fund Bursaries 2021
- Download and fill completely the respective bursary application form containing the who list of fields to be funded.
- The links for forms can be downloaded from the department of employment and labour’s official website.
- The forms are also obtainable at the nearest Provincial Labour centers across the country.
- Both bursary application forms are made available here using the links below to download and print and fill them.
- You also have to make sure you in your possession proof of acceptance or a preliminary acceptance from a recognized public institution or college.
- Submit your application via Post Office/ Courier:
- The Sub – Directorate: Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Employment and Labour, Compensation Fund, Private Bag x 955, Pretoria, 0001, Or hand deliver at 167 Thabo Sehume & Madiba Street, Delta Heights Building.
- No emailed /faxed/ late applications will be accepted.
RELATED OPPORTUNITY: Reserve Bank of South Africa Bursaries 2021
Who To Contact For Further Enquiries
For further detail or inquiries, advice, or assistance regarding this fund bursary, please contact : Mr. Ntsodi Mafa on 012 319 9264 or Ms. Vivi Khoza on 012 406 5709.
Compensation Fund(CF) Pensioners and dependents of CF pensioners struggling to gain access to training institutions, can contact our offices for advice and further assistance.
The closing date for the submission of the the application is 31st October 2020.
As we have always been advising, don’t wait till the last week or day before submitting your applications. Start from today to prepare and have adequate time to carefully study the application procedure and the application form. When done earlier it helps not to put unnecessary pressure on you and avoid unpardonable mistakes.